Friday, January 28, 2011

What the Hack am I designing?

Since November of 2010 I've had this concept burning in the back of my mind. Sadly, have been working 50+ hours a week with my dead end warehouse job. At the time however, I have been hoping to find the "right" software to develop the games of my dreams. Hooray, after going through well over 15 applications I decided to purchase a longtime home with Unity3d. Everything just feels right and I really am inspired by the direction of the Software development team.

As of today I am 2 weeks into the start of my project. What is it? What does it do? Its a music / platform game tie in. I have designed it from the perspective of a gamer that enjoys music games among others. The idea initially started from a comment made from an individual in the forum of another indie music title. The individual stated something in reference to waiting for a game that takes much better advantage of music in a more interactive way than just hitting buttons in succession to the music.

So I started thinking, "Woah, it would be great to have a music game do ..." and i came up with my current idea and concept. I am no game design successor or have a reputation that precedes me. But I have my personal set of guidelines to Quality Game Design. I'm hoping I can prove the design method successful by implementing the essentials into a easy to pick up and play game.

No comments:

Post a Comment